So why does an editorial directed toward an erudite, accomplished audience of (mostly) academic radiologists start with a parody of a briefly popular hip-hop rap? Because a strong sense of humor, awareness of current events and culture, and flexibility are mandated for those who would mentor the current and future crops of medical students through the agony and ectasy of the radiology match.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
National Registry Matching Program website. Selected Data 2003, Tables 1,5,6,10. Available at http://;www.nrmp.org. Accessed May 2003.
- Is academic radiology still attractive?.Acad Radiol. 2003; 10: 125-127
- Academic radiology.Radiology. 2002; 224: 1-4
- Factors that influence radiologists’ career choices.Acad Radiology. 2003; 10: 45-51
- Role models in the education of radiologists.AJR. 2002; 179: 327-329
- Role models and the learning environment.Acad Med. 2001; 76: 432-434
- Lose yourself. The Eminem show.Interscope. 2002
- First aid for the match. McGraw Hill Text, Hightstown, NJ2003
- Getting into a residency: A guide for medical students. 4th ed. Galen Press, Tucson, AZ1996
Herlong HF. Third year medical students information package. Memorandum from the associate dean for student affairs.
Accepted: August 4, 2003
Received: July 3, 2003
© 2004 AUR. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.