Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Distinguished African American scientists of the 20th century.Oryx Press, 1996
Rhode Island Hospital is first in the world to acquire portable CT body scanner for use in operating rooms. Available at: http://www.rhodeislandhospital.org/wtn/Page.asp?PageID=WTN000145. Accessed November 14, 2012.
FDA clears first diagnostic radiology application for mobile devices. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm242295.htm. Accessed November 14, 2012.
- FDA clears first diagnostic radiology application for mobile devices. US Food and Drug Administration, 2011 (Available at:)
- ACR-AAPM-SIIM technical standard for electronic practice of medical imaging.J Digital Imaging. 2013; 26: 38-52
Mobile LCD and OLED display shoot-out. Available at: http://www.displaymate.com/mobile.html. Accessed December 19, 2012.
- Digital radiography image quality: image processing and display.JACR. 2007; 4: 389-400
- The digital pioneer.Dow Jones & Company, New York, NY2009
Security of mobile computing devices in the healthcare environment. Available at: http://www.himss.org/files/HIMSSorg/content/files/PrivacySecurity/HIMSS_Mobility_Security_in_Healthcare_Final.pdf. Accessed August 10, 2013.
- Extending the understanding of computerized physician order entry: implications for professional collaboration, workflow and quality of care.Int J Med Informat. 2007; 76: S4-S13
- Effect of computerized clinical decision support on the use and yield of CT pulmonary angiography in the emergency department.Radiology. 2012; 262: 468-474
- Ten commandments for effective clinical decision support: making the practice of evidence-based medicine a reality.J Am Med Informat Assoc. 2003; 10: 523-530
- Improving safety with information technology.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2526-2534
- Computerized physician order entry and decision support: improving the quality of care.Radiographics. 2001; 21: 1015-1018
- Activity-based computing: support for mobility and collaboration in ubiquitous computing.Personal Ubiquitous Comput. 2005; 9: 312-322
- Mobile information and communication tools in the hospital.Int J Med Inform. 2000; 57: 21-40
- Using handheld devices for real-time wireless teleconsultation.Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2004; 4: 3105-3108
- Mobility work: The spatial dimension of collaboration at a hospital.Comput Supported Coop Work. 2005; 14: 131-160
- What can natural language processing do for clinical decision support?.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 760-772
- Effectiveness and acceptability of a computerized decision support system using modified Wells criteria for evaluation of suspected pulmonary embolism.Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 57: 613-621
- Radiography and fluoroscopy, 1920 to the present.Radiographics. 1989; 9: 1129-1153
- Advances in digital radiography: physical principles and system overview.Radiographics. 2007; 27: 675-686
- The use of a mobile computed tomography scanner in the pediatric intensive care unit to evaluate airway stenting and lung volumes with varying levels of positive end-expiratory pressure.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2001; 2: 346-348
- Remote expert consultation for MRI procedures by means of teleradiology.Eur J Radiol. 1995; 19: 147-150
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. House Office of the Legislative Counsel. Available at: http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf.
- The iPad tablet computer for mobile on-call radiology diagnosis? Auditing discrepancy in CT and MRI reporting.J Digital Imaging. 2012; 25: 628-634
- Twelve tips for facilitating Millennials' learning.Med Teach. 2012; 34: 274-278
Hart D and Joing S, The Millennial Generation and “the lecture”. Academic emergency medicine: official journal of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, 2011. 18; 1186-1187.
- Mobile technology in radiology resident education.J Am Coll Radiol. 2012; 9: 426-429
- The iPad in radiology resident education.J Am Coll Radiol. 2012; 9: 759-760
- Running an online radiology teaching conference: why it's a great idea and how to do it successfully.Acad Radiol. 2012; 19: 746-751
- A serious game for learning ultrasound-guided needle placement skills.IEEE Trans Inform Technol Biomed. 2012; 16: 1032-1042
- Some unintended consequences of information technology in health care: the nature of patient care information system-related errors.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2004; 11: 104-112
- Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2001
State of the media: Mobile Media Rep Q3 2011. Available at: http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/report-the-rise-of-smartphones-apps-and-the-mobile-web/. Accessed July 29, 2012.
Mobile health market on verge of ‘explosive' growth, report says. Available at: http://searchhealthit.techtarget.com/news/2240025600/Mobile-health-market-on-verge-of-explosive-growth-report-says. Accessed November 19, 2012.
Patient appointment scheduling moves to the digital age. Available at: http://gehcitblog.wpengine.com/ge-health-it-views/patient-appointment-scheduling-moves-to-the-digital-age/. Accessed July 29, 2012.
Mobile technology empowers patients to know more. Available at: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20120621/NEWS/306210006/Mobile-technology-empowers-patients-know-more. Accessed July 29, 2012.
Diseases and conditions. Available at: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health-information/. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- Lay understanding of common medical terminology in oncology.Psycho-oncology. 2013; 22: 1186-1191
- Patient preferences and physician practices for laboratory test results notification.J Am Board Fam Med. 2009; 22: 670-676
- Understanding health care communication preferences of veteran primary care users.Patient Educ Couns. 2012; 88: 420-426
- Multiple behavior changes in diet and activity: a randomized controlled trial using mobile technology.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172: 789-796
Aetna wants dentists to push smoking cessation via iPads. Available at: http://www.healthdatamanagement.com/news/smoking-cessation-decision-support-dental-aetna-43958-1.html. Accessed July 29, 2012.
- A re-conceptualization of access for 21st century healthcare.J Gen Intern Med. 2011; 26: 639-647
Four million people choose connectivity and convenience with Kaiser Permanente's personal health record. Available at: http://xnet.kp.org/newscenter/pressreleases/nat/2012/080612_4_million_phr_registered_users.html. Accessed September 2012.
Reported activity of people using the Internet. Available at: http://www.census.gov/hhes/computer/publications/2010.html. Accessed September 15, 2012.
- Medical image security in a HIPAA mandated PACS environment.Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2003; 27: 185-196
FDA clears first diagnostic radiology application for mobile devices. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm242295.htm. Accessed September 15, 2012.
- Patient access to complex chronic disease records on the Internet.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2012; 12: 87
- DICOM demystified: a review of digital file formats and their use in radiological practice.Clin Radiol. 2005; 60: 1133-1140