Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Infodemiology and infoveillance tracking online health information and cyberbehavior for public health.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40 (PMID: 21521589): S154-S158
- Pandemics in the age of Twitter: content analysis of Tweets during the 2009 H1N1 outbreak.PLoS One. 2010; 5 (PMID: 21124761): e14118
- Detecting influenza epidemics using search engine query data.Nature. 2009; 457 (PMID: 19020500): 1012-1014
- Monitoring influenza activity in Europe with Google Flu Trends: comparison with the findings of sentinel physician networks - results for 2009-10.Euro Surveill. 2010 Jul 22; 15 (PMID: 20667303)
- The utility of “Google Trends” for epidemiological research: Lyme disease as an example.Geospat health. 2010; 4 (PMID: 20503183): 135-137
- Tuberculosis surveillance by analyzing Google Trends.IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2011 Aug; 58 (PMID: 21435969)
- Prediction of dengue incidence using search query surveillance.PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011; 5 (e1258. PMID: 21829744)
- Seasonality in seeking mental health information on Google.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44 (PMID: 23597817): 520-525
- Tracking the rise in popularity of electronic nicotine delivery systems (electronic cigarettes) using search query surveillance.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40 (PMID: 21406279): 448-453
- A novel evaluation of World No Tobacco day in Latin America.J Med Internet Res. 2012; 14 (PMID: 22634568): e77
- Mammographic density and the risk and detection of breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356 (PMID: 17229950): 227-236
- Dense breast legislation in the United States: state of the states.J Am Coll Radiol. 2013; 10 (PMID: 24295937): 899-902
- Assessing the impact of the national smoking ban in indoor public places in china: evidence from quit smoking related online searches.PLoS One. 2013; 8 (PMID: 23776504): e65577
New law may help women with dense breasts. NBC Connecticut. Available at: http://goo.gl/11dcZ. Accessed July, 2013.
Vozzella L. Breast-density bill to become law in Virginia. The Washington Post. Available at: http://goo.gl/BgL0D. Accessed July, 2013.
NY bill would notify women of dense breast tissue. CBS. Available at: http://goo.gl/0PDwH. Accessed July, 2013.
Grady D. New laws add a divisive component to breast screening. The New York Times. Available at: http://goo.gl/FHSrB. Accessed July, 2013.
Hutchison C. Should women be warned about breast density? Docs Weigh In. ABC News. Available at: http://goo.gl/K3vda. Accessed July, 2013.
Colliver V. New mammography law on breast density. San Francisco Chronicle. Available at: http://goo.gl/dcSnY. Accessed July, 2013.
Hitti M. Breast density, cancer risk?.CBCNEWS. Available at: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/health/webmd/main2369559.shtml. Accessed July, 2013.
Dense breast tissue hikes risk of cancer. Available at: NBCNews. http://goo.gl/M2Up6. Accessed July, 2013.
Financial Disclosures: R.C.C. is supported in part by the American College of Radiology as Deputy Editor of the Journal of the American College of Radiology.