Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Choosing Wisely. Available at: http://www.choosingwisely.org/doctor-patient-lists/american-college-of-radiology/. Accessed May 1, 2013.
Image Gently. Available at: http://www.imagegently.org/. Accessed June 28, 2014.
ACR Appropriateness Criteria. Available at: http://www.acr.org/quality-safety/appropriateness-criteria
- Teaching evidence-based imaging in the radiology clerkship using the ACR appropriateness criteria.Acad Radiol. 2010; 17: 912-916
- Medical student radiology education: summary and recommendations from a national survey of medical school and radiology department leadership.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 606-610
Liaison Committee on Medical Education ED 17. Available at: http://www.lcme.org/connections/connections_2013-2014/ED-17_2013-2014.htm. Accessed June 20, 2014.
- Reading room electives: say goodbye to the “radi-holiday”.J Am Coll Radiol. 2013; 10: 442-448
Results and Data: 2012 Main Residency Match. Available at: http://www.nrmp.org/data/index.html. Accessed March 8, 2013.
- Integrating evidence-based imaging into the radiology core clerkship: a proposed teaching tool of imaging strategies.J Am Coll Radiol. 2010; 7: 517-521
AMSER National Medical Student Curriculum in Radiology. Available at: https://www.aur.org/Secondary-Alliances.aspx?id=141. Accessed June 20, 2014.
Amazon. Available at: http://amazon.com/. Accessed January 2, 2014.
Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Book Store Sales Numbers Annual Update. Available at: http://www.fonerbooks.com/booksale.htm
Harvard Library: “Where can I find detailed book sales figures or statistics?” Available at: http://asklib.hcl.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=50305
- Fourth-year medical student opinions and basic knowledge regarding the field of radiology.Acad Radiol. 2013; 20: 272-283
- Radiology in family practice: experience in community practice.Fam Med. 1988; 20: 112-117
- Radiology in family practice: a prospective study of 14 community practices.Fam Med. 1990; 22: 112-117
- Radiology curriculum for medical students: clinicians' perspectives.Australas Radiol. 2006; 50: 442-446
- Radiology curriculum topics for medical students: students' perspectives.Acad Radiol. 2006; 13: 880-884
- Medical student radiology curriculum: what skills do residency program directors believe are essential for medical students to attain?.Acad Radiol. 2013; 20: 263-271
- Chest radiograph interpretation by medical students.Clin Radiol. 2003; 58: 478-481
- Training of general practitioners in interpreting chest radiographs.Med Educ. 1988; 22: 449-453
- Evaluating the accuracy of emergency medicine resident interpretations of abdominal CTs in patients with non-traumatic abdominal pain.J Korean Med Sci. 2012; 27: 1255-1260
- Interpretation of computed tomography of the head: emergency physicians versus radiologists.Trauma Mon. 2013; 18: 86-89
OECD.StatExtracts. Available at: http://stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?DataSetCode=HEALTH_STAT. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- Analysis of appropriateness of outpatient CT and MRI referred from primary care clinics at an academic medical center: how critical is the need for improved decision support?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2010; 7: 192-197
- Effect of computerized order entry with integrated decision support on the growth of outpatient procedure volumes: seven-year time series analysis.Radiology. 2009; 251: 147-155
- Adoption and meaningful use of computerized physician order entry with an integrated clinical decision support system for radiology: ten-year analysis in an urban teaching hospital.J Am Coll Radiol. 2012; 9: 129-136
- Strategies for incorporating radiology into early medical school curricula.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 74-79
CORE Radiology Course. Available at: http://www.med-u.org/core. Accessed October 19, 2014.