Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global cancer statistics, 2002.CA Cancer J Clin. 2005; 55: 74-108
- The role of whole-body FDG PET/CT, Tc 99m MDP bone scintigraphy, and serum alkaline phosphatase in detecting bone metastasis in patients with newly diagnosed lung cancer.J Korean Med Sci. 2009; 24: 275-280
- Skeletal metastases in non-small cell lung cancer: a retrospective study.Lung Cancer. 2007; 57: 229-232
- Natural history of skeletal-related events in patients with breast, lung, or prostate cancer and metastases to bone: a 15-year study in two large US health systems.Support Care Cancer. 2013; 21: 3279-3286
- Bone metastasis as the first manifestation of lung cancer.Int J Clin Pract. 2003; 57: 184-186
- Physiopathology of spine metastasis.Int J Surg Oncol. 2011; 2011: 107969
- Organ vascularity and metastatic frequency.Am J Pathol. 1980; 101: 101-113
- Prevalence and patterns of bone metastases detected with positron emission tomography using F-18 FDG.Clin Nucl Med. 2003; 28: 302-307
A learning based deformable template matching method for automatic rib centreline extraction and labeling in CT images. Available at: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&tp=&arnumber=6247774&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D6247774. Accessed November 11, 2014.
- Fundamental limits of spatial resolution in PET.Nucl Instrum Methods Phys Res A. 2011; 648: 236-240
- Rapid detection of bone metastasis at thoracoabdominal CT: accuracy and efficiency of a new visualization algorithm.Radiology. 2014; 270: 825-833
- Early bone marrow metastasis detection: the additional value of FDG-PET/CT vs. CT imaging.Biomed Pharmacother. 2012; 66: 448-453
- Positron emission tomography and bone metastases.Semin Nucl Med. 2005; 35: 135-142
- Bone metastasis in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: the diagnostic role of F-18 FDG PET/CT.Eur J Radiol. 2010; 74: 231-235
- A meta-analysis of 18FDG-PET-CT, 18FDG-PET, MRI and bone scintigraphy for diagnosis of bone metastases in patients with lung cancer.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: 1007-1015
- Comparison of (18)F-FDG-PET/CT with (99m)Tc-MDP bone scintigraphy for the detection of bone metastases in cancer patients.Nucl Med Commun. 2010; 31: 597-603
- Role of 18F-FDG PET/CT in differentiation of a benign lesion and metastasis on the ribs of cancer patients.Clin Imaging. 2014; 38: 109-114
- The role of positron emission tomography in the management of bone metastases.Cancer. 2000; 88: 2927-2933
- Incremental benefit of maximum-intensity-projection images on observer detection of small pulmonary nodules revealed by multidetector CT.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2002; 179: 149-157
Disclosure: Hendrik Ditt is a staff member of Siemens AG and other authors have nothing to disclose.