Our piece, “Mammogram Trials” (
1), was a critique of the Canadian National Breast Screening Study (CNBSS). We stated shortly in to the piece “we will analyze the CNBSS for its signal, against the noise.” If our intent remained deceptive to some (
- Jha S.
- Ware J.B.
Acad. Radiol. 2015; 22: 973-975
- Fowler A.
Screening mammography: more than just one trial.
Acad. Radiol. 2015;
3), we regret it.
- Price E.R.
Overemphasis on overdiagnosis.
Acad. Radiol. 2015;
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Mammogram trials.Acad. Radiol. 2015; 22: 973-975
- Screening mammography: more than just one trial.Acad. Radiol. 2015;
- Overemphasis on overdiagnosis.Acad. Radiol. 2015;
- Twenty five year follow-up for breast cancer incidence and mortality for of the Canadian National Breast Screening Study: a randomized screening trial.BMJ. 2014; 348: g366
- USPSTF.(Available at)http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Document/RecommendationStatementDraft/breast-cancer-screening1#tab3(Accessed October 5, 2015)
- Statins for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; (CD004816)
- Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S).Lancet. 1994; 344: 1383-1389
- Eleven-year survival in the Veterans Administration randomized trial of coronary bypass surgery for stable angina.NEJM. 1984; 311: 1333-1339
- Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomography.NEJM. 2011; 365: 395-409
- Screening mammograms would have been initiated regardless of the CNBSS.Acad. Radiol. 2015;
- Acad. Radiol. 2015;
- Effect of three decades of screening mammograms on breast-cancer incidence.NEJM. 2012; 367: 1998-2005
Published online: November 10, 2015
This is a response to the letter to our piece “Mammogram Trials.”
In reply to Baker, Kopans, Smetherman, and Arleo.
© 2016 The Association of University Radiologists. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.