Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Screening for breast cancer: an update for the US Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 727-737
- Comparison of treatment costs for breast cancer, by tumor stage and type of service.Am Health Drug Benefits. 2016; 9: 23-32
- The case for early detection.Nat Rev Cancer. 2003; 3: 243-252
- Breast density as a determinant of interval cancer at mammographic screening.Br J Cancer. 2004; 90: 393-396https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6601548
- Mammographic density and the risk and detection of breast cancer.NEJM. 2007; 356 (PubMed PMID): 227-236https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa062790
- Combined screening with ultrasound and mammography vs mammography alone in women at elevated risk of breast cancer.JAMA. 2008; 299: 2151-2163
- Adding 3D automated breast ultrasound to mammography screening in women with heterogeneously and extremely dense breasts: report from a hospital-based, high-volume, single-center breast cancer screening program.Eur J Radiol. 2016; 85: 1554-1563https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2016.06.004
- Adjunct screening with tomosynthesis or ultrasound in women with mammography-negative dense breasts: interim report of a prospective comparative trial.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 1882-1888
- Assessing improvement in detection of breast cancer with three-dimensional automated breast US in women with dense breast tissue: the SomoInsight Study.Radiology. 2014; 274: 663-673
- Improved breast cancer detection in asymptomatic women using 3D-automated breast ultrasound in mammographically dense breasts.Clin Imaging. 2013; 37: 480-486
- Automated breast ultrasound in breast cancer screening of women with dense breasts: reader study of mammography-negative and mammography-positive cancers.Am J Roentgenol. 2016; 206: 1341-1350https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.15.15367
- Breast cancer screening with imaging: recommendations from the Society of Breast Imaging and the ACR on the use of mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound, and other technologies for the detection of clinically occult breast cancer.J Am Coll Radiol. 2009; 7: 18-27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2009.09.022
- A breast cancer prediction model incorporating familial and personal risk factors.Stat Med. 2004; 23: 1111-1130https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.1913
- ACR BI-RADS atlas, breast imaging reporting and data system.5th ed. American College of Radiology, Reston, VA2013
- AJCC cancer staging manual.7th ed. Springer, Verlag New York2010
- The use of confidence or fiducial limits illustrated in the case of the binomial.Biometrika. 1934; 26: 404-413
- Performance benchmarks for screening mammography.Radiology. 2006; 241 (PubMed PMID): 55-66https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2411051504
The funding source ( GE Healthcare Inc., Wauwatosa, WI ) provided an unrestricted grant for this research. The data used for this project are from the clinical practice of one of the authors (IG) and remained under the author's control. The results and conclusions expressed in this paper are exclusively those of the authors.