Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:CT (computed tomorgraphy), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), NITOS (Neiman imaging types of service), POSPUF (physician and other supplier public use file), wRVU (work relative value units)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Women as radiologists: are there barriers to entry and advancement?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2006; 3: 131-134
- Bridging the gap: identifying global trends in gender disparity among the radiology physician workforce.Acad Radiol. 2018; 25: 1052-1061
- Differential motivations for pursuing diagnostic radiology by gender: implications for residency recruitment.Acad Radiol. 2017; 24: 1312-1317
- The illusion of choice: gender segregation and the challenge of recruiting women to radiology.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 991-994
- Women in radiology: exploring the gender disparity.J Am Coll Radiol. 2016; 13 (e1): 344-350
- Addressing the horizontal gender division of labor: a case study of support and obstacles in a heavy industry plant in Iceland.Sex Roles. 2019; 80: 91-104
- The persistence of workplace gender segregation in the US.Sociol Compass. 2013; 7: 889-899
Weeden KA, Newhart M, Gelbgeider D. State of the union 2018: occupational segregation. Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality. Available at: https://inequality.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/Pathways_SOTU_2018_occupational-segregation.pdf. Accessed April 29, 2019.
- Academic radiologist subspecialty identification using a novel claims-based classification system.Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 208: 1249-1255
- Private practice radiologist subspecialty classification using medicare claims.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 1419-1425
- Generalist versus subspecialist characteristics of the U.S. radiologist workforce.Radiology. 2018; 286: 929-937
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Physician and other supplier data CY2016. Avaialbel at: https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Medicare-Provider-Charge-Data/Physician-and-Other-Supplier2016.html. Accessed April 29, 2019.
Harvey L.Neiman Health Policy Institute. Neiman imaging types of service (NITOS). Available at: http://www.neimanhpi.org/neiman-imaging-types-of-service-nitos/. Accessed April 29, 2019.
- Changing utilization of noninvasive diagnostic imaging over 2 decades: an examination family-focused analysis of medicare claims using the neiman imaging types of service categorization system.Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 210: 364-368
- Abdominal imaging ordering patterns by referring provider specialty.Abdom Radiol (NY). 2017; 42: 2363-2368
- Who refers musculoskeletal extremity imaging examinations to radiologists?.Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 210: 834-841
- The dimensions of occupational gender segregation in industrial countries.Sociology. 2012; 46: 1003-1019
- Gender differences in the impact of job mobility on earnings: the role of occupational segregation.Soc Sci Res. 2018; 74: 30-44