Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Swedish two-county trial: impact of mammographic screening on breast cancer mortality during 3 decades.Radiology. 2011; 260: 658-663
- Periodic breast cancer screening in reducing mortality from breast cancer.JAMA. 1971; 215: 1777-1785
- Early clinical experience with digital breast tomosynthesis for screening mammography.Radiology. 2015; 274 (Accessed August 22, 2018): 85-92
- Comparison of tomosynthesis plus digital mammography and digital mammography alone for breast cancer screening.Radiology. 2013; 269 (Accessed August 22, 2018): 694-700
- Clinical performance metrics of 3D digital breast tomosynthesis compared with 2D digital mammography for breast cancer screening in community practice.Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203 (Accessed August 22, 2018): 687-693
- Accuracy of digital breast tomosynthesis for depicting breast cancer subgroups in a UK retrospective reading study (TOMMY trial).Radiology. 2015; 277: 697-706
- Systematic review of 3D mammography for breast cancer screening.The Breast. 2016; 27 (Accessed August 22, 2018): 52-61
- Radiation dose with digital breast tomosynthesis compared to digital mammography: per-view analysis.Eur Radiol. 2018; 28: 573-581
- Strengths and weaknesses of synthetic mammography in screening.RadioGraphics. 2017; 37: 1913-1927
- Digital breast tomosynthesis with synthesized two-dimensional images versus full-field digital mammography for population screening: outcomes from the verona screening program.Radiology. 2018; 287: 37-46
- Implementation of synthesized two-dimensional mammography in a population-based digital breast tomosynthesis screening program.Radiology. 2016; 281: 730-736
- Comparison between two-dimensional synthetic mammography reconstructed from digital breast tomosynthesis and full-field digital mammography for the detection of T1 breast cancer.Eur Radiol. 2016; 26: 2538-2546
- Comparison of synthetic mammography, reconstructed from digital breast tomosynthesis, and digital mammography: evaluation of lesion conspicuity and BI-RADS assessment categories.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017; 166 (Accessed August 22, 2018): 765-773
- Comparison of two-dimensional synthesized mammograms versus original digital mammograms alone and in combination with tomosynthesis images.Radiology. 2014; 271 (Accessed April 2, 2019): 664-671
- Two-view digital breast tomosynthesis screening with synthetically reconstructed projection images: comparison with digital breast tomosynthesis with full-field digital mammographic images.Radiology. 2014; 271 (Accessed April 2, 2019): 655-663
- Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D mammography compared with 2D mammography alone (STORM-2): a population-based prospective study.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17 (Accessed April 2, 2019): 1105-1113
- Accuracy of digital breast tomosynthesis for depicting breast cancer subgroups in a UK retrospective reading study (TOMMY trial).Radiology. 2015; 277 (Accessed August 22, 2018): 697-706
Lai YC, Ray KM, Lee AY, et al. Microcalcifications detected at screening mammography: synthetic mammography and digital breast tomosynthesis versus digital mammography. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2018181180. Accessed December 14, 2018.
- A comparison of full-field digital mammograms versus 2D synthesized mammograms for detection of microcalcifications on screening.Eur J Radiol. 2018; 107 (Accessed December 14, 2018): 14-19
This manuscript is an IRB approved, HIPAA compliant study (IRB: 07-234, DFCI Protocol No.).