Materials and Methods
- Breast MRI: EUSOBI recommendations for women's information.Eur Radiol. 2015; 25: 3669-3678
- Clinical breast magnetic resonance imaging: technique, indications, and future applications.Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2018; 39: 45-59
- Prospective multicenter cohort study to refine management recommendations for women at elevated familial risk of breast cancer: the EVA trial.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1450-1457
- Screening women at high risk for breast cancer with mammography and magnetic resonance imaging.Cancer. 2005; 103: 1898-1905
- Surveillance of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers with magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, mammography, and clinical breast examination.JAMA. 2004; 292: 1317-1325
- Detection of breast cancer with addition of annual screening ultrasound or a single screening MRI to mammography in women with elevated breast cancer risk.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1394-1404
- Enhancing area surrounding breast carcinoma on MR mammography: comparison with pathological examination.Eur Radiol. 2004; : 1363-1370
- Breast tumors: comparative accuracy of MR imaging relative to mammography and us for demonstrating extent.Radiology. 1995; 1995: 743
- Supplemental breast MR imaging screening of women with average risk of breast cancer.Radiology. 2017; 283: 361-370
- MRI for the staging and evaluation of response to therapy in breast cancer.Top Magn Reson Imaging. 2017; 26: 211-218
Berg WA GL, Ness Aiver MS, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of mammography, clinical examination, US, and MR imaging in preoperative assessment of breast cancer. Radiology;2004:830–849.
- Lesions of the skin and superficial tissue at breast MR imaging.Radiographics. 2010; 30: 1891-1913
- Prospective evaluation of pectoralis muscle invasion of breast cancer by MR imaging.Breast Cancer. 2005; 12: 312-316
- Added cancer yield of MRI in screening the contralateral breast of women recently diagnosed with breast cancer: results from the international breast magnetic resonance consortium (IBMC) trial.J Surg Oncol. 2005; 92 (discussion 15-6): 9-15
- Delineating extramammary findings at breast MR imaging.Radiographics. 2017; 37: 10-31
- Magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of residual tumors in breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: surgical implications.Acta Radiol. 2016; 57: 529-537
- Breast MR imaging for the assessment of residual disease following initial surgery for breast cancer with positive margins.Eur Radiol. 2017; 27: 4812-4818
- Breast MR imaging in patients with axillary node metastases and unknown primary malignancy.Radiology. 1999; 212: 543-549
- Diagnostic performance of MRI versus galactography in women with pathologic nipple discharge: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 209: 465-471
- Journal club: diagnostic utility of MRI after negative or inconclusive mammography for the evaluation of pathologic nipple discharge.Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 209: 1404-1410
- Clinical utility of breast MRI in the diagnosis of malignancy after inconclusive or equivocal mammographic diagnostic evaluation.Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 208: 1378-1385
- Breast MR imaging for equivocal mammographic findings: help or hindrance?.Radiographics. 2016; 36: 943-956
- MR evaluation of breast implants.Radiol Clin North Am. 2014; 52: 591-608
- High-quality breast MRI.Radiol Clin North Am. 2014; 52: 547-562
- Clinical and technical considerations for high quality breast MRI at 3 Tesla.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013; 37: 778-790
- Indications for breast MRI in the patient with newly diagnosed breast cancer.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2009; 7: 193-201
- Auditing a breast MRI practice: performance measures for screening and diagnostic breast MRI.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 883-889
American College of Radiology. The American College of Radiology Breast MRI accreditation program: frequently asked questions. http://www.acraccreditation.org/∼/media/ACRAccreditation/Documents/Breast-MRI/BMRAPFAQ.pdf?la=en. Accessed Septmber 17, 2016.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Accreditation of advanced diagnostic imaging suppliershttps://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Accreditation-of-Advanced-Diagnostic-Imaging-Suppliers.html. Accessed January 29, 2018.
- The 2017 ACR commission on human resources workforce survey.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 1613-1619
- Utilization of the family and medical leave act in radiology practices according to the 2016 ACR commission on human resources workforce survey.J Am Coll Radiol. 2016; 13: 1440-1446
American College of Radiology. Breat MRI accreditation program clinical image quality guide. http://www.acraccreditation.org/∼/media/ACRAccreditation/Documents/Breast-MRI/ClinicalImageQualityGuide.pdf?la=en. Accessed May 12, 2018.
- Recognizing artifacts and optimizing breast MRI at 1.5 and 3 T.Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 200: W673-W682
- Positioning in breast MR imaging to optimize image quality.Radiographics. 2014; 34: E1-E17
- The current status of breast MR imaging part i. Choice of technique, image interpretation, diagnostic accuracy, and transfer to clinical practice.Radiology. 2007; 244: 356-378
- Fat suppression techniques for breast MRI: dixon versus spectral fat saturation for 3D T1-weighted at 3T.Radiol Med. 2017; 122: 731-742
- Breast MR BI-RADS assessments and abnormal interpretation rates by clinical indication in US community practices.Acad Radiol. 2014; 21: 1370-1376
Funding: This work was supported in part by the National Institutes of Health through Cancer Center Support Grant P30CA106672 .
IRB approval: Our institutional review board approved this HIPAA-compliant retrospective cohort study and waived the requirement for informed consent.
Meeting presentation: Presented at the 2018 American Roentgen Ray Society Annual Meeting, Washington DC, USA, on April 22–27, 2018.