Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:CNN (Convolutional Neural Networks), CT (computed tomography), Dl (the distance between the lowermost costophrenic angle and actual lowermost lung boundaries), Du (the distance between the uppermost pulmonary apex and actual uppermost lung boundaries), LCPA (left costophrenic angle), LDCT (low-dose computed tomography), LPA (left pulmonary apex), PACS (picture archiving and communication system), PCK (Percentage of Correct Key points), RCPA (right costophrenic angle), RPA (right pulmonary apex)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global Cancer Statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN Estimates of Incidence and Mortality Worldwide for 36 Cancers in 185 Countries.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 209-249
- Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomographic screening.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 395-409
- Prognostic effect of implementation of the mass low-dose computed tomography lung cancer screening program: a hospital-based cohort study.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2020; 29: 445-451
- Assessment of Selection Criteria for Low-Dose Lung Screening CT Among Asian Ethnic Groups in Taiwan: From Mass Screening to Specific Risk-Based Screening for Non-Smoker Lung Cancer.Clinical lung cancer. 2016; 17: e45-e56
- Screening for lung cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 330-338
- Using Prediction-Models to Reduce Persistent Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Draft 2020 USPSTF Lung-Cancer Screening Guidelines.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2021; 113: 1590-1594
- US Preventive Services Task Force, Screening for Lung Cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.JAMA. 2021; 325: 962-970
- USPSTF Updates Lung Cancer Screening Guidelines.Oncology Times. 2021; : 43
- The relationship between CT scout landmarks and lung boundaries on chest CT: guidelines for minimizing excess z-axis scan length.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 581-587
- Convolutional neural network evaluation of over-scanning in lung computed tomography.Diagn Interv Imaging. 2019; 100: 177-183
- Evaluating the performance of a deep learning-based computer-aided diagnosis (DL-CAD) system for detecting and characterizing lung nodules: Comparison with the performance of double reading by radiologists.Thorac Cancer. 2019; 10: 183-192
- Development and Validation of a Deep Learning-based Automatic Detection Algorithm for Active Pulmonary Tuberculosis on Chest Radiographs.Clin Infect Dis. 2019; 69: 739-747
- Lung Pattern Classification for Interstitial Lung Diseases Using a Deep Convolutional Neural Network.IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2016; 35: 1207-1216
- Automatic Scan Range Delimitation in Chest CT Using Deep Learning.Radiol Artif Intell. 2021; 3e200211
- Integrating spatial configuration into heatmap regression based CNNs for landmark localization.Med Image Anal. 2019; 54: 207-219
- ImageNet Large Scale Visual Recognition Challenge.Int J Comput Vis. 2014; : 1-42
- Adam: A Method for Stochastic Optimization.Computer Science. 2014; (https://arxiv.org/abs/1412.6980)
Chen Y, Wang Z, Peng Y, Zhang Z, Yu G, Sun J. Cascaded Pyramid Network for Multi-Person Pose Estimation. 2017. https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.07319.
Li W, Wang Z, Yin B, et al. Rethinking on Multi-Stage Networks for Human Pose Estimation. 2019. https://arxiv.org/abs/1901.00148.
- Deep Inside Convolutional Networks: Visualising Image Classification Models and Saliency Maps.Computer ence. 2013; (https://arxiv.org/abs/1312.6034)
- Over-scanning in chest CT: Comparison of practice among six hospitals and its impact on radiation dose.Eur J Radiol. 2018; 102: 49-54
- Retrospective analysis of 1118 outpatient chest CT scans to determine factors associated with excess scan length.Clin Imaging. 2020; 62: 76-80
- Converting dose-length product to effective dose at CT.Radiology. 2008; 248: 995-1003
- Automatic Insall-Salvati ratio measurement on lateral knee x-ray images using model-guided landmark localization.Phys Med Biol. 2010; 55: 6785-6800
- Excessive z-axis scan coverage in body CT: frequency and causes.Eur Radiol. 2021; 31: 4358-4366
- Investigation of Low-Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening Scan "Over-Range" Issue Using Machine Learning Methods.Journal of digital imaging. 2019; 32: 931-938
- Organ doses from CT localizer radiographs: Development, validation, and application of a Monte Carlo estimation technique.Medical physics. 2019; 46: 5262-5272
- Multi-depth dilated network for fashion landmark detection with batch-level online hard keypoint mining.Image and Vision Computing. 2020; 99103930
Iglovikov V, Shvets A. TernausNet: U-Net with VGG11 Encoder Pre-Trained on ImageNet for Image Segmentation. 2018. https://arxiv.org/abs/1801.05746.
- Deep Residual Learning for Image Recognition.in: 2016 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). 2016 (https://arxiv.org/abs/1512.03385)
- 3D multi-scale FCN with random modality voxel dropout learning for Intervertebral Disc Localization and Segmentation from Multi-modality MR Images.Med Image Anal. 2018; 45: 41-54
- Institutional Impact of a Personalized Technologist Feedback Program on Scan Length and Radiation Dose.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16: 1073-1076