- •CT-based radiomics showed satisfactory diagnostic significance for the BRAF status in colorectal cancer.
- •Key baseline clinical characteristics were associated with BRAF mutations.
- •The combined model may be applied in the individual preoperative prediction of BRAF mutation.
Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Advances in knowledge
Abbreviations:CRC (Colorectal cancer), AUC (Area under the ROC curve), A/G (Albumin/globulin ratio), CEA (Carcinoembryonic antigen), DCA (Decision curve analysis), EGFR (Epidermal growth factor receptor), MAPK (mitogen-activated protein kinase), PI3K (phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase), FFPE (Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded), GLCM (Gray-level co-occurrence matrix), GLDM (Gray-level dependence matrix), GLRLM (Gray-level run length matrix), GLSZM (gray-Level size zone matrix), SDE (Small dependence emphasis), KRAS (Kirsten rat sarcoma), BRAF (V-raf murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog B1), LR (Logistic regression), SVM (Support vector machine), LVI (Lymphangiovascular invasion), PNI (Peripheral nerve infiltration), CT (Computed tomography), NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network), PACS (Picture archiving and communication system), ROC (Receiver operating characteristic), ROI (Regions of interests), VOI (Volume of interest)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prediction of KRAS, NRAS and BRAF status in colorectal cancer patients with liver metastasis using a deep artificial neural network based on radiomics and semantic features.Am J Cancer Res. 2020; 10: 4513-4526
- Colon cancer, version 2.2021, NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology [J].J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2021; 19: 329-359
- Phase IB study of vemurafenib in combination with irinotecan and cetuximab in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer with BRAFV600E mutation [J].Cancer Discov. 2016; 6: 1352-1365
- Randomized trial of irinotecan and cetuximab with or without vemurafenib in BRAF-mutant metastatic colorectal cancer (SWOG S1406) [J].J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39: 285-294
- Molecular biomarkers for the evaluation of colorectal cancer: guideline from the American Society for Clinical Pathology, College of American Pathologists, Association for Molecular Pathology, and American Society of Clinical Oncology [J].J Mol Diagn,. 2017; 19: 187-225
- Rare genetic heterogeneity within single tumor discovered for the first time in colorectal liver metastases after liver resection [J].Oncotarget. 2018; 9: 21921-21929
- Radiogenomics: what it is and why it is important.J Am Coll Radiol. 2015; 12: 862-866
- Can CT-based radiomics signature predict KRAS/NRAS/BRAF mutations in colorectal cancer?.Eur Radiol. 2018; 28: 2058-2067
- Deep learning features improve the performance of a radiomics signature for predicting KRAS status in patients with colorectal cancer.Acad Radiol. 2020; 27: e254-e262
- Radiomics texture features in advanced colorectal cancer: correlation with BRAF mutation and 5-year overall survival [J].Radiol Imaging Cancer. 2020; 2e190084
- Quantitative imaging biomarkers from PET-CT as potential correlates for angiogenesis and hypoxia in colorectal cancer.European Society of Radiology, Vienna, Austria2012
- Imaging predictors of BRAF mutation in colorectal cancer [J].Abdom Radiol (NY). 2020; 45: 2336-2344
- A generic support vector machine model for preoperative glioma survival associations.Radiology. 2015; 275: 228-234
- Radiomics based on multisequence magnetic resonance imaging for the preoperative prediction of peritoneal metastasis in ovarian cancer.Eur Radiol. 2021; 31: 8438-8446
- NCCN guidelines insights: colon cancer, version 2.2018.[J].J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2018; 16: 359-369