Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:US (Ultrasound), SBI (Society of Breast Imaging), ACR (American College of Radiology), BI-RADS (Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System), ROC (receiver operating characteristic)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
US Centers for Disease Control. Local reactions, systemic reactions, adverse events, and serious adverse events: Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/moderna/reactogenicity.html. Accessed November 10, 2021.
- Lymphadenopathy in COVID-19 vaccine recipients: diagnostic dilemma in oncologic patients.Radiology. 2021; 300: E296-E300
- Unilateral axillary adenopathy in the setting of COVID-19 vaccine.Clin Imaging. 2021; 75: 12-15
- Axillary lymph node accumulation on FDG-PET/CT after influenza vaccination.Ann Nucl Med. 2012; 26: 248-252
- Development of unilateral cervical and supraclavicular lymphadenopathy after human papilloma virus vaccination.Pharmacotherapy. 2008; 28: 1194-1197
- Unilateral axillary adenopathy following COVID-19 vaccination: a multimodality pictorial illustration and review of current guidelines.Clin Radiol. 2021; 76: 553-558
- Multidisciplinary recommendations regarding post-vaccine adenopathy and radiologic imaging: radiology scientific expert panel.Radiology. 2021; 300: E323-E327
Society of Breast Imaging, SBI recommendations for the management of axillary adenopathy in patients with recent COVID-19 vaccination. SBIonline.org website updated 3/9 2021. Available at: https://www.sbi-online.org/Portals/0/Position%20Statements/2021/SBI-recommendations-for-managing-axillary-adenopathy-post-COVID-vaccination.pdf. Accessed November 10, 2021.
- Unilateral axillary adenopathy in the setting of COVID-19 vaccine: follow-up.Clin Imaging. 2021; 80: 83-87
- Managing the risk of delayed breast cancer screening versus COVID-19 vaccination associated axillary lymphadenopathy.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28: 1198-1199
- Mitigating the impact of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) vaccinations on patients undergoing breast imaging examinations: a pragmatic approach.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 217: 584-586
- ACR BI-RADS® atlas, breast imaging reporting and data system.American College of Radiology, Reston, VA2013
- COVID-19 vaccination induced lymphadenopathy in a specialized breast imaging clinic in Israel: analysis of 163 cases.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28: 1191-1197
- COVID-19 vaccine-associated subclinical axillary lymphadenopathy on screening mammogram.Acad Radiol. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2021.11.010
- Unilateral lymphadenopathy after COVID-19 vaccination: a practical management plan for radiologists across specialties.J Am Coll Radiol. 2021; 18: 843-852
- Patient compliance and diagnostic yield of 18-month unilateral follow-up in surveillance of probably benign mammographic lesions.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 202: 922-927
- Pathological axillary lymph nodes detected at mammographic screening.Clin Radiol. 2004; 59: 86-91
- The clinical importance of axillary lymphadenopathy detected on screening mammography: revisited.Clin Radiol. 2005; 60: 64-71
- Is screening detected bilateral axillary adenopathy on mammography clinically significant?.Breast J. 2012; 18: 582-587
- Regional lymphadenopathy following COVID-19 vaccination: literature review and considerations for patient management in breast cancer care.Eur J Cancer. 2021; 159: 38-51
- Occult breast cancer: where are we at?.Breast. 2020; 54: 211-215