Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:CAR (Canadian Association of Radiologists), MSN (Medical Student Network)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Radiology learners and cOVID-19: now and after [Internet].Can Assoc Radiol. 2020; (Available at:)
- Influence of artificial intelligence on Canadian Medical Students’ Preference for radiology specialty: anational survey study.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26 (Available at:): 566-577
CAR. Value of Radiology, Part II [Internet]. [cited 2022 Mar 7];Available at: https://car.ca/advocacy/value-of-radiology/.
- Radiology in the Era of Value-based Healthcare: A Multi-Society Expert Statement from the ACR, CAR, ESR, IS3R, RANZCR, and RSNA.Radiology. 2020; 298: 486-491https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2020209027
- The Challenge with Clinical Radiology Electives: Student and Faculty Perspectives Identify Areas for Improvement.Can Assoc Radiol J. 2019; 70: 337-343https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carj.2019.07.004
- Radiology interest groups: a recipe for success.Can Assoc Radiol J = J l'Association Can des Radiol. 2021; 72: 343-351
- Innovative pedagogical practices in higher education: An integrative literature review.Nurse Educ Today. 2019; 72 (Available at:): 12-17
- Revealing the theoretical basis of gamification: a systematic review and analysis of theory in research on gamification, serious games and game-based learning.Comput Human Behav. 2021; 125 (Available at:)106963
- Foundations of Game-Based Learning.Educ Psychol. 2015; 50: 258-283
- Between level up and game over: a systematic literature review of gamification in education.Sustainability. 2021; 13 (Available at:)
Needham MD, Vaske J. Survey implementation, sampling, and weighting data [Internet]. Survey research and analysis: Applications in parks, recreation and human dimensions. State College, PA: Venture Publishing; 2008. p. 173-222. Available from: http://nature.forestry.oregonstate.edu/sites/default/files/2008-3Needham&Vaske-Chapter08-SurveyImplementation,Sampling&Weighting-SecondProofs.pdf.
- Gamification and game-based education in neurology and neuroscience: applications, challenges, and opportunities.Brain Disord. 2021; 1 (Available at)100008
- Gamification as a tool for enhancing graduate medical education.Postgrad Med J. 2014; 90 (LP –693Available at:): 685
- The Use of Gamification to Boost Residents’ Engagement in Simulation Training.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 1208-1209https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2014.1779
- Assessing the learning potential of an interactive digital game versus an interactive-style didactic lecture: the continued importance of didactic teaching in medical student education.Pediatr Radiol. 2016; 46: 1787-1796
- Training of clinical reasoning with a Serious Game versus small-group problem-based learning: a prospective study.PLoS One. 2018; 13: e0203851-e0203852
- Making learning fun: gaming in radiology education.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26 (Available at:): 1127-1136
- A team-based competition for undergraduate medical students to learn radiology within the virtual world Second Life.Insights Imaging. 2021; 12 (Available at:): 89
- The adequacy of response rates to online and paper surveys: what can be done.Assess Eval High Educ. 2008; 33: 301-314https://doi.org/10.1080/02602930701293231
- Demographic and socioeconomic characteristics of Canadian medical students: a cross-sectional study.BMC Med Educ. 2020; 20: 151https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-020-02056-x
- 2016 census of population.Stat Canada Cat. 2016; 2016190 (no. 98-400-X2016190)
- The role of topic interest in survey participation decisions.Public Opin Q. 2004; 68: 2-31
- Factors influencing medical students’ choice of specialization: a gender based systematic review.Eclinical Medicine. 2020; 28https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eclinm.2020.100589
- Toward a pedagogy of appreciation.Adv Appreciative Inq. 2004; 1: 171-192
- Student perception and the effectiveness of kahoot!: a scoping review in histology, anatomy, and medical education.Anat Sci Educ. 2021; 14: 572-585