Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Radiology
- Current Status of Diversity by Race, Hispanic Ethnicity and Sex in Diagnostic Radiology.Radiology. 2014; 270 (Epub 2013 Oct 28): 232-240
- Improving diversity, inclusion, and representation in radiology and radiation oncology part 1: why these matter.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 673-680
- Improving diversity, inclusion, and representation in radiology and radiation oncology part 2: challenges and recommendations.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 764-770
- Diversity, inclusion, and representation: it is time to act.J Am Coll Radiol. 2016; 13 (Epub 2016 Oct 25): 1421-1425
Association of American Medical Colleges. Definition of underrepresented in medicine. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/what-we-do/equity-diversity-inclusion/underrepresented-in-medicine. Accessed June 11, 2022.
National Institutes of Health. Definition of underrepresented in medicine. Available at: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-031.html. Accessed June 11, 2022.
Association of American Medical Colleges. ERAS statistics. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/interactive-data/eras-statistics-data. Accessed June 11, 2022.
Association of American Medical Colleges. 2021 FACTS: Enrollment, Graduates, and MD-PhD Data. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/students-residents/interactive-data/2021-facts-enrollment-graduates-and-md-phd-data. Accessed June 11, 2022.
Association of American Medical Colleges. Report on Residents. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/students-residents/report/report-residents. Accessed June 11, 2022.
Association of American Medical Colleges. Faculty Roster: U.S. Medical School Faculty. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/faculty-institutions/interactive-data/data-reports/faculty-institutions/interactive-data/2021-us-medical-school-faculty. Accessed June 11, 2022.
- Why don't female medical students choose diagnostic radiology? A review of the current literature.J Am Coll Radiol. 2004; 1: 583-590
- Women in radiology: exploring the gender disparity.J Am Coll Radiol. 2016; 13 (Epub 2016 Jan 13): 344-350
- Men (and Women) in academic radiology: how can we reduce the gender discrepancy?.Am J Roentgenol. 2016; 206: 678-680
- Differential motivations for pursuing diagnostic radiology by gender: implications for residency recruitment.Acad Radiol. 2017; 24 (Epub 2017 May 25): 1312-1317
- Addressing needs of women radiologists: opportunities for practice leaders to facilitate change.RadioGraphics. 2018; 38 (Epub 2018 Oct 10.): 1626-1637
- Underrepresentation of women and minorities in the United States IR academic physician workforce.JVIR. 2016; 27 (e.2. Epub 2016 Aug 26): 1837-1844
- Incentivizing physician diversity in radiology.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16: 624-630
- Impact of biases in selection and evaluation of the composition of the radiology physician workforce.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28 (Epub 2021 Apr 24): 916-921
- The need for diversity in education.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28: 1032-1033
- Increasing diversity in radiology and molecular imaging: current challenges.Mol Imaging Biol. 2021; 26: 1-4
- Historically black schools of medicine radiology residency programs: contributions and lessons learned.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28 (Epub 2021 Apr 22): 922-929
- Identifying barriers to building a diverse physician workforce: a national survey of the ACR membership.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16 (Epub 2019 Jun 4): 1091-1101
- National survey to assess gender, racial, and ethnic differences among radiology residency applicants regarding factors impacting program selection.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28 (Epub 2020 Aug 15): 1410-1423
- Factors influencing the commitment of students to radiology as a career choice during medical school education.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28 (Epub 2020 Sep 3): 1174-1178
Krieg C. Case Study: Introducing Medical Students to Radiology. Available at: https://www.acr.org/-/media/ACR/Files/Case-Studies/V3_Medical-Students.pdf. Accessed June 11, 2022.
ACR 2019 Diversity Report. Excellence Through Diversity & Inclusion. Available at: https://www.acr.org/-/media/ACR/Files/Commissions-and-Committees/Diversity-Report-WEB.pdf. Accessed June 11, 2022.
PIER Internship. Pipeline initiative for the enrichment of radiology. Available at: https://www.acr.org/Member-Resources/Medical-Student/Medical-Educator-Hub/PIER-Internship. Accessed June 11, 2022.
- Diversity and inclusion efforts in University of California, San Francisco radiology: reflections on 3 years of pipeline, selection, and education initiatives.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16 (Epub 2019 Jul 9): 1716-1719
Vanderbilt University Department of Radiology Inaugural Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Week, July 19-23, 2021. Available at:https://www.vumc.org/radiology/vanderbilt-radiology-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-week. Accessed June 11, 2022.
- Establishing a women-in-radiology group: a Toolkit from the American association for women in radiology.Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 217 (Epub 2021 Jun 9): 1452-1460
- Effective Radiology Dashboards: Key Research Findings.Radiol Manage. 2013; 35: 42-45
- Development of performance dashboards in healthcare sector: key practical issues.ACTA Inform Med. 2015; 23: 317-321