Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Historical timeline - SNMMI. (n.d.). Available at: http://www.snmmi.org/AboutSNMMI/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=4175. Accessed August 7, 2021.
- The current state of nuclear medicine and nuclear radiology: workforce trends, training pathways, and training program websites.Acad Radiol. 2020; 27: 1751-1759https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2019.09.026
- Are nuclear medicine residents prepared for employment? a survey-informed perspective.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 221-224https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2013.07.010
- Career prospects for graduating nuclear medicine residents: survey of nuclear medicine program directors.J Am Coll Radiol. 2013; 10: 593-598https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2013.02.018
- US trainee and faculty perspectives on exposure to nuclear medicine/molecular imaging during medical school.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2020; 50: 585-591https://doi.org/10.1067/j.cpradiol.2020.05.013
ABNM. (n.d.). Available at: https://www.abnm.org/. Accessed June 16, 2022.
ABR, The American Board of Radiology, (n.d.). Available at: https://www.theabr.org/. Accessed July 16, 2022.
- FDA approves second PSMA-targeted PET imaging drug for men with prostate cancer.FDA, 2021 (Available at:)https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-approves-second-psma-targeted-pet-imaging-drug-men-prostate-cancer(Accessed August 7, 2021)
- Post FDA approval analysis of 200 gallium-68 DOTATATE imaging: a retrospective analysis in neuroendocrine tumor patients.Oncotarget. 2020; 11: 3061-3068https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.27695
- Theranostics: leveraging molecular imaging and therapy to impact patient management and secure the future of nuclear medicine.J Nucl Med. 2020; 61: 1-30https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.118.220665
- Final overall survival in the phase 3 NETTER-1 study of lutetium-177-DOTATATE in patients with midgut neuroendocrine tumors.J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39: 4112https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2021.39.15_suppl.4112
- Do you want an inspirational career? choose nuclear medicine.J Nucl Med Off Publ Soc Nucl Med. 2019; 60: 25S-28Shttps://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.118.220574
ACGME - Accreditation Data System (ADS). (n.d.). Available at: https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/Reports/Report/1. Accessed August 5, 2021.
- Nuclear medicine training in the United States.J Nucl Med Off Publ Soc Nucl Med. 2017; 58: 1733-1734https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.117.200857
- Nuclear medicine training: what now?.J Nucl Med Off Publ Soc Nucl Med. 2017; 58: 1536-1538https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.117.190132
- Is 16 months of specialized nuclear medicine training enough for best patient care?.J Nucl Med Off Publ Soc Nucl Med. 2017; 58: 1535
- A Perspective of the future of nuclear medicine training and certification.Semin Nucl Med. 2016; 46: 88-96https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semnuclmed.2015.10.003
- Nuclear medicine training for radiology residents: needs assessment survey.Acad Radiol. 2007; 14: 301-305https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2006.11.013
REDCap. (n.d.). Available at: https://projectredcap.org. Accessed October 3, 2021.
Report on Residents 2020, AAMC. (n.d.). Available at: https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/students-residents/report/report-residents. Accessed August 5, 2021.
AMSER Curriculum. (n.d.). Available at: https://www.aur.org/affinity-groups/amser/curriculum. Accessed August 9, 2021.
- Avoidable challenges of a nuclear medicine facility in a developing nation.Indian J Nucl Med IJNM Off J Soc Nucl Med India. 2013; 28: 195-199https://doi.org/10.4103/0972-3919.121962
- Discussions with leaders: a conversation between Sam Gambhir and Johannes Czernin.J Nucl Med. 2018; 59: 1783-1785https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.118.221648
- Implementation and Outcomes of a resident-led physics curriculum with integration of the RSNA/AAPM physics modules.Acad Radiol. 2013; 20: 1306-1310https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2013.07.005
ABR 16-Month pathway to dual certification in diagnostic radiology and nuclear radiology, The American Board of Radiology. (n.d.). Available at:https://www.theabr.org/diagnostic-radiology/subspecialties/nuclear-radiology/16-month-pathway. Accessed September 20, 2021.
- Lutetium-177–PSMA-617 for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1091-1103https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2107322
- Mentorship in academic radiology: why it matters.Insights Imaging. 2019; 10: 107https://doi.org/10.1186/s13244-019-0799-2
- The Future of nuclear medicine, molecular imaging, and theranostics.J Nucl Med. 2020; 61: 263S-272Shttps://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.120.254532
- Resident-Led medical student radiology research interest group: an engine for recruitment, research, and mentoring—radiology in training.Radiology. 2021; 300: E290-E292https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2021204518
- Diversity and inclusion: now radiology must walk the walk.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 687-688https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2017.10.038
- Current status of diversity by race, hispanic ethnicity, and sex in diagnostic radiology.Radiology. 2014; 270: 232-240https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.13130101
- The new integrated nuclear medicine and radiology residency program in the Netherlands: why do residents choose to subspecialize in nuclear medicine and why not?.J Nucl Med. 2021; 62: 1-15https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.120.261503