Abbreviations:QIBA (Quantitative Imaging Biomarker Alliance), QIB (Quantitative Imaging Biomarker)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Emerging science of quantitative imaging biomarkers terminology and definitions for scientific studies and regulatory submissions.SMMR. 2015; 24: 9-f26
- Quantitative imaging biomarkers: a review of statistical methods for technical performance assessment.SMMR. 2015; 24: 27-67
- Quantitative imaging biomarkers: a review of statistical methods for computer algorithm comparisons.SMMR. 2015; 24: 68-106
- Meta-analysis of the technical performance of an imaging procedure: guidelines and statistical methodology.SMMR. 2015; 24: 141-174
Raunig et al. Multidimensional quantitative imaging biomarkers as a multivariate descriptor of health. Acad Radiol.
Delfino et al. Multiparametric quantitative imaging biomarkers in phenotype classification. Acad Radiol.
Huang et al. Multiparametric quantitative imaging biomarkers in risk prediction: recommendations for data acquisition, technical performance assessment, and model development and validation. Acad Radiol.
Wang et al. Multiparametric data-driven imaging markers: guidelines for development, application and reporting of model outputs in radiomics. Acad Radiol.
- In vivo real-time freehand palpation imaging.Ultrason Med Biol. 2003; 29: 427-435
- Suspicious breast lesions: assessment of 3D Doppler US indexes for classification in a test population and fourfold cross-validation scheme.Radiology. 2008; 249: 463-470
- Frequency dependence of ultrasound attenuation and backscatter in breast tissue.Ultrason Med Biol. 1986; 12: 795-808
- Quantitative assessment of in vivo breast masses using ultrasound attenuation and backscatter.Ultrason Imaging. 2013; 35: 146-161
- Advanced spectral analysis methods for quantification of coherent ultrasound scattering: Applications in the breast.The University of Wisconsin-Madison;, 2014 (Doctoral dissertation)
- Correlation of computed tomography and positron emission tomography in patients with metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor treated at a single institution with imatinib mesylate: proposal of new computed tomography response criteria.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 1753-1759
- Atherosclerotic plaque tissue: noninvasive quantitative assessment of characteristics with software-aided measurements from conventional CT angiography.Radiology. 2018; 286: 622-631
- Quantitative assessment of carotid plaque morphology (geometry and tissue composition) using computed tomography angiography.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 858-868
- Evolution of translational omics: lessons learned and the path forward.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC:2012 (Report Brief)
- Analysis of the human diseasome using phenotype similarity between common, genetic, and infectious diseases.Nature Scientific Reports. 2015; 5: 1-15
- Breast DCE-MRI: lesion classification using dynamic and morphological features by means of a multiple classifier system.Eur Radiol Exp. 2017; 1: 10
- Elastography assessment of liver fibrosis: society of radiologists in ultrasound consensus conference statement.Radiology. 2015; 276: 845-861
- Multiparameter magnetic resonance imaging for quantitation of liver disease: a two-centre cross-sectional observational study.Sci Rep. 2018; 15: 8
- BEST (Biomarkers, EndpointS, and other Tools) Resource.Food and Drug Administration (US), Silver Spring, MD2016 (Available at:)Accessed September 22, 2022)
- Does the application of diffusion weighted imaging improve the prediction of survival in patients with resected brain metastases? A retrospective multicenter study.Cancer Imaging. 2020; 20: 16
- Radiomics: images are more than pictures, they are data.Radiology. 2016; 278: 563-577
- Incorporating radiomics into clinical trials: expert consensus on considerations for data-driven compared to biologically-driven quantitative biomarkers.Eur Radiology. 2020; 31: 6001-6012
- A radiomics approach to assess tumour-infiltrating CD8 cells and response to anti-PD-1 or anti-PD-L1 immunotherapy: an imaging biomarker, retrospective multicohort study.Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19: 1180-1191
- Radiomic analysis reveals DCE-MRI features for prediction of molecular subtypes of breast cancer.PLoS One. 2017; 12
- Radiomics in pulmonary lesion imaging.Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 212: 497-504
- Filtering for increased power for microarray data analysis.BMC Bioinformatics. 2009; 10: 1471-2105
- Reproducibility and generalizability in radiomics modeling: possible strategies in radiologic and statistical perspectives.Korean J Radiol. 2019; 20: 1124-1137
- Linear combinations of multiple diagnostic markers.JASA. 1993; 88: 1350-1355
- Combining several screening tests: optimality of the risk score.Biometrics. 2002; 58: 657-664
- On linear combinations of biomarkers to improve diagnostic accuracy.Stat Med. 2005; 24: 37-47
- Combing predictors for classification using the area under the receiver operating characteristic curve.Biometrics. 2006; 62: 221-229
- Calibration of prognostic risk score.Wiley StatsRef: Statistics Reference Online. 2018; : 1-10
- Integrating the predictiveness of a marker with its performance as a classifier.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 167: 362
- The optimal linear combination of multiple predictors under the generalized linear models.Stat Probab Lett. 2009; 79: 2321-2327
- Linear combination methods to improve diagnostic/prognostic accuracy on future observations.SMMR. 2013; 25: 1359-1380
- The linear combinations of biomarkers which maximize the partial area under the ROC curves.Comput Stat. 2013; 28: 647-666
- On the use of min-max combination of biomarkers to maximize the partial area under the ROC curve.Probab Stat. 2019; 2019: 1-13
- Methods for evaluating prediction performance of biomarkers and tests. Risk assessment and evaluation of predictions.Lecture Notes in Statistics. Springer Science + Business Media, New York2013
- Testing for improvement in prediction model performance.Stat Med. 2013; 32: 1467-1482
- Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond.Stat Med. 2008; 27 (With comments by Pepe M, Feng Z, Gu J): 157-172
- Extensions of net reclassification improvement calculations to measure usefulness of new biomarkers.Stat Med. 2011; 30: 11-21
- A parameter ROC model-based approach for evaluating the predictiveness of continuous markers in case-control studies.Biometrics. 2009; 65: 1133-1144
- Expression of Measurement Uncertainty in Laboratory Medicine.Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute Wayne, PA:2012
Standardization, I.O.f., Guidance for the use of repeatability, reproducibility and trueness estimates in measurement uncertainty estimation, in (ISO Standard No 21748:2017(E)). Geneva, Switzerland; 2017.
Institute of Medicine, Board on Heath Care Services, Board on Health Sciences Policy, Committee on the review of omics-based tests for predicting patient outcomes in clinical trials. Evolution of Translational Omics: Lessons learned and the path forward. National Academies Press, Washington DC: 2012.
- Phases of biomarker development for early detection of cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2001; 93: 1054-1061
- Pivotal evaluation of the accuracy of a biomarker used for classification or prediction: standards for study design.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008; 100: 1432-1438
- The Elements of Statistical Learning.2nd edition. Springer Science+Business Media, New York2008
- The efficacy of diagnostic imaging.Med Decis Making. 1991; 11: 88-94
- Imaging biomarker roadmap for cancer studies.Nat Rev Clin Onc. 2017; 14: 169-186
Context of Use. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/biomarker-qualification-program/context-use. Accessed February 4, 2022.
- improving lung function in severe heterogenous emphysema with the spiration valve system (EMPROVE). A multicenter, open-label randomized controlled clinical trial.Am J of Respir Crit Care Med. 2019; 200: 1354-1362
- Use of archived specimens in evaluation of prognostic and predictive biomarkers.JNCI. 2009; 101: 1446-1452
- Applied predictive modeling.Springer, New York2013
- Uncertainty of measurements – Part 6: Developing and using measurement models.International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Switzerland2020 (ISO/IEC FDGuide 98-6:2020Available at:)
Dudoit S, Fridlyand J, Speed TP. Comparison of discrimination methods for the classification of tumors using gene expression data. JASA 2002; 97:77–87.
- Stop explaining black box machine learning models for high stakes decisions and use interpretable models instead.Nat Mach Intell. 2019; 1: 206-215
- What do we mean by validating a prognostic model?.Statist Med. 2000; 19: 453-473
- Randomised comparisons of medical tests: sometimes invalid, not always efficient.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1844-1847
- Beyond correlations, sensitivities, and specificities: a roadmap for demonstrating utility of advanced imaging in oncology treatment and clinical trial design.Acad Radiol. 2017; 24: 1036-1049