Methods and Materials
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Imaging of cell proliferation: status and prospects.J Nucl Med. 2008; 49: 64S-80S
- PET imaging of cellular proliferation.Radiol Clin North Am. 2005; 43: 153-167
- PET radiotracers for imaging the proliferative status of solid tumors.PET Clin. 2009; 4: 1-15
- Imaging cellular proliferation as a measure of response to therapy.J Clin Pharmacol. 2001; : 96S-103S
- Human thymidine kinase I. Regulation in normal and malignant cells.Adv Enzym Regul. 1995; 35: 69-89
- An assessment of early response to targeted therapy via molecular imaging: a pilot study of 3′-deoxy-3′[18F]-fluorothymidine positron emission tomography 18F-FLT PET/CT in prostate adenocarcinoma.Diagnostics. 2017; 7: 20
- Radiolabeled 2′-fluorodeoxyuracil-beta-D-arabinofuranoside (FAU) and 2′-fluoro-5-methyldeoxyuracil-beta -D-arabinofuranoside (FMAU) as tumor-imaging agents in mice.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2002; 49: 419-424
- Monitoring tumor cell proliferation by targeting DNA synthetic processes with thymidine an thymidine analogs.J Nucl Med. 2003; 44: 2027-2032
- Tracking cellular stress with labeled FMAU reflects changes in mitochondrial TK2.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2008; 35: 1480-1488
- Synthesis of 2′-fluoro-5-[11C]-methyl-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyluracil ([11C]-FMAU): a potential nucleoside analog for in vivo study of cellular proliferation with PET.Nucl Med Biol. 1995; 22: 783-789
- Imaging DNA synthesis in vivo with 18F-FMAU and PET.J Nucl Med. 2005; 46: 292-296
- Synthesis of 2’-deoxy-2’-[18F]fluoro-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl nucleosides, [18F]FAU, [18F]FMAU, [18F]FBAU and [18F]FIAU, as potential PET agents for imaging cellular proliferation: synthesis of [18F]labeled FAU, FMAU, FBAU, FIAU.Nucl Med Biol. 2003; 30: 215-224
- Microwave-assisted one-pot radiosynthesis of 2′-deoxy-2′-[18F]fluoro-5-methyl-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyluracil ([18F]-FMAU).Nucl Med Biol. 2012; 39: 1019-1025
- Exploring solvent effects in the radiosynthesis of 18F-labeled thymidine analogues toward clinical translation for positron emission tomography imaging.ACS Pharmacol Transl Sci. 2021; 4: 266-275
- New treatments for men with castration-resistant prostate cancer: can we move from small steps to giant leaps?.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 300-302
- What medical, urologic, and radiation oncologists want from molecular imaging of prostate cancer.J Nucl Med. 2016; 57: 6S-12S
- Consensus statements on PSMA PET/CT response assessment criteria in prostate cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2021; 48: 469-476
- Effects of capecitabine treatment on the uptake of thymidine analogs using exploratory PET imaging agents: 18F-FAU, 18F-FMAU, and 18F-FLT.Cancer Imaging. 2016; 16: 34
- Characterizing tumors using metabolic imaging: PET imaging of cellular proliferation and steroid receptors.Neoplasia. 2000; 2: 71-88
- Mitochondrial proliferation during apoptosis induced by anticancer agents: effects of doxorubicin and mitoxantrone on cancer and cardiac cells.Oncogene. 2004; 23: 7018-7030
- Proliferation markers for the differential diagnosis of tumor and inflammation.Curr Pharm Dis. 2008; 14: 3326-3339
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding: Supported in part by grants R21-CA142426 and P30‐CA014089 from the U.S. National Institutes of Health .
Availability of data and materials: The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.