Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sustainable growth rate repealed, MACRA revealed: historical context and analysis of recent changes in medicare physician payment methodologies.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016; 37: 210-214
- Comparative analysis of Medicare spending for medical imaging: sustained dramatic slowdown compared with other services.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 201: 1277-1282
- Trends in diagnostic imaging utilization among Medicare and commercially insured adults from 2003 through 2016.Radiology. 2020; 294: 342-350
- Health care spending in the United States and other high-income countries.Jama. 2018; 319: 1024-1039
- Medicare imaging demonstration evaluation report for the report to congress.Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. 2014;
- Application of appropriateness criteria to stress single-photon emission computed tomography sestamibi studies and stress echocardiograms in an academic medical center.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 1283-12899
- Evaluation of coronary CTA appropriateness criteria in an academic medical center.J Am Coll Radiol. 2010; 7: 125-131
- Analysis of appropriateness of outpatient CT and MRI referred from primary care clinics at an academic medical center: how critical is the need for improved decision support?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2010; 7: 192-197
ACR Appropriateness Criteria. Accessed July 4, 2022, at https://www.acr.org/Clinical-Resources/ACR-Appropriateness-Criteria.
- Radiology benefit managers: cost saving or cost shifting?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2011; 8: 393-401
Clinical Decision Support Mechanisms. Accessed April 28, 2022, athttps://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Appropriate-Use-Criteria-Program/CDSM.
Implementing Clinical Decision Support Systems. Accessed April 28, 2022, at https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/pubs/guides/best-practices/clinical-decision-support.htm.
- VistA–U.S. department of veterans affairs national-scale HIS.Int J Med Inform. 2003; 69: 135-156
- The righam integrated computing system (BICS): advanced clinical systems in an academic hospital environment.Int J Med Inform. 1999; 54: 197-208
Appropriate Use Criteria Program. Accessed April 28, 2022, athttps://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Appropriate-Use-Criteria-Program.
Clinical Decision Support 2018 - Industry Insights. Accessed April 28, 2022, athttps://www.reactiondata.com/industry-insights/report-clinical-decision-support-2018/.
CareSelect Imaging - Open Access. Accessed April 28, 2022, at https://qcdsm.nationaldecisionsupport.com/.
Code of Federal Regulations, Title 42, Part 414.94Accessed June 30, 2022, at https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-42/chapter-IV/subchapter-B/part-414/subpart-B/section-414.94.
- Radiology order entry with decision support: initial clinical experience.J Am Coll Radiol. 2006; 3: 799-806
- Effect of computerized order entry with integrated decision support on the growth of outpatient procedure volumes: seven-year time series analysis.Radiology. 2009; 251: 147-155
- Appropriateness of advanced diagnostic imaging ordering before and after implementation of clinical decision support systems.Jama. 2015; 313: 2181-2182
- Journal Club: predictors of provider response to clinical decision support: lessons learned from the Medicare imaging demonstration.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 208: 351-357
- Impact of a commercially available clinical decision support program on provider ordering habits.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 951-957
- Effect of clinical decision support on appropriateness of advanced imaging use among physicians-in-training.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 212: 859-866
- Clinical decision support for high-cost imaging: arandomized clinical trial.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0213373
- Randomized clinical trial of a clinical decision support tool for improving the appropriateness scores for ordering imaging studies in primary and specialty care ambulatory clinics.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 213: 1015-1020
- The effect of clinical decision support for advanced inpatient imaging.J Am Coll Radiol. 2015; 12: 358-363
- Utilization and appropriateness in cervical spine trauma imaging: implementation of clinical decision support criteria.Ir J Med Sci. 2020; 189: 333-336
- Impact of a health information technology-enabled appropriate use criterion on utilization of emergency department CT for renal colic.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 212: 142-155
- Effectiveness of clinical decision support in controlling inappropriate imaging.J Am Coll Radiol. 2011; 8: 19-25
- Reducing inappropriate diagnostic practice through education and decision support.Int J Qual Health Care. 2010; 22: 194-200
- Effect of computerized clinical decision support on the use and yield of CT pulmonary angiography in the emergency department.Radiology. 2012; 262: 468-474
- Magnitude and financial implications of inappropriate diagnostic imaging for three common clinical conditions.Int J Qual Health Care. 2019; 31: 691-697
- Use of advanced imaging tests and the not-So-incidental harms of incidental findings.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 227-228
- Factors driving resistance to clinical decision support: finding inspiration in radiology 3.0.J Am Coll Radiol. 2022; 19: 366-376
ACR launches new R-SCAN website. Accessed April 28, 2022, at https://appliedradiology.com/articles/acr-launches-new-r-scan-website.
- Assessment of the radiology support, communication and alignment network to reduce medical imaging overutilization: amultipractice cohort study.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 597-605
- Everything every radiologist always wanted (and needs) to know about clinical decision support.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 568-573
- Clinical decision support: curse or blessing?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 566-577
- Clinical decision support at the point-of-order entry: an education simulation pilot with medical students.Acad Radiol. 2016; 23: 1309-1318
Radiology-TEACHES. Accessed April 28, 2022, at https://www.acr.org/Clinical-Resources/Radiology-TEACHES.
- Multisite implementation of radiology-TEACHES (Technology-Enhanced Appropriateness Criteria Home for Education Simulation).J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 652-661
- Recommendations for the safe, effective use of adaptive CDS in the US health 6care system: an AMIA position paper.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2021; 28: 677-684
- Use of a commercially available clinical decision support tool to expedite prior authorization in partnership with a private payer.J Am Coll Radiol. 2021; 18: 857-863
Prior Authorization Automation. Accessed July 7, 2022, at https://www.evicore.com/evicore/data/prior-authorization-automation/evicore-intellipath.
- How usability of a web-based clinical decision support system has the potential to contribute to adverse medical events.AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2008; 2008: 257-261
- An overview of clinical decision support systems: benefits, risks, and strategies for success.NPJ Digit Med. 2020; 3: 17
- Disparities in the use of emergency department advanced imaging in Medicare beneficiaries.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 216: 325-519
- Predictors of time from hospital arrival to initial brain-imaging among suspected stroke patients: the North carolina collaborative stroke registry.Stroke. 2008; 39: 3262-3267
- Eliminating health care disparities with mandatory clinical decision support: the venous thromboembolism (VTE) example.Med Care. 2015; 53: 18-24
- The role of decision support systems in attenuating racial biases in health care delivery.Fox School of Business Research Paper. 2019;
- Peering into the black box of artificial intelligence: evaluation metrics of machine learning methods.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 212: 38-43
- Noninterpretive uses of artificial intelligence in radiology.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28: 1225-1235
- Workflow applications of artificial intelligence in radiology and an overview of available tools.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 1363-1370
- Computer-assisted reporting and decision support in standardized radiology reporting for cancer imaging.JCO Clin Cancer Inform. 2021; 5: 426-434
- Variation in radiologists' follow-up imaging recommendations for small cystic pancreatic lesions.J Am Coll Radiol. 2021; 18: 1405-1414
- Notification system for overdue radiology recommendations improves rates of follow-up and diagnosis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 217: 515-520
- Appropriateness of inpatient stress testing: Implications for development of clinical decision support mechanisms and future criteria.J Nucl Cardiol. 2019;
- Decision support from local data: creating adaptive order menus from past clinician behavior.J Biomed Inform. 2014; 48: 84-93
- Prospective cost implications with a clinical decision support system for pediatric emergency head computed tomography.Pediatr Radiol. 2021; : 1-7