Everyone in academic medicine wants to get promoted, right? It comes with a new title (and new business cards), new opportunities and, in some centers, a salary increase and the possibility of sabbatical time. That's a no-brainer, isn't it? Or is it?
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Communication strategies and our learners.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2021; 50: 297-300https://doi.org/10.1067/j.cpradiol.2020.10.009
- Challenges facing radiology educators.J Am Coll Radiol. 2005; 2 (discussion 688-9): 681-687https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2005.03.008
- The clinician-educator pathway in radiology: an analysis of institutional promotion criteria.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 1588-1593https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2017.07.008
- The ADVICER template for faculty reviewer letters for promotion and appointment.Acad Radiol. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2021.12.027
- Advancing educators and education by defining the components and evidence associated with educational scholarship.Med Educ. 2007; 41: 1002-1009https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2923.2007.02844.x
- Documentation of teaching for faculty promotion.Acad Radiol. 1995; 2: 70-73https://doi.org/10.1016/s1076-6332(05)80251-x
- Promotion based on teaching efforts requires ongoing documentation of scholarly teaching activities.Acad Radiol. 2001; 8: 771-776https://doi.org/10.1016/S1076-6332(03)80585-8
- Academic advancement in the current era: integrating and empowering clinician educators.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 620-623https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2018.11.032
- Promotion as a clinician educator in academic radiology departments: guidelines at three major institutions.Acad Radiol. 2012; 19: 119-124https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2011.09.013
Published online: November 25, 2022
Accepted: October 12, 2022
Received: October 10, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
None of the authors report any financial or commercial interests with respect to this paper.
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
© 2022 The Association of University Radiologists. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.