Abbreviations:DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine), JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group), FFDM (Full-Field Digital Mammography), MLO (Medio-lateral oblique), CC (Cranio-caudal)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- An image multiresolution representation for lossless and lossy compression.IEEE Trans Image Process. 1996; 5: 1303-1310
- Clinical evaluation of compression ratios using JPEG2000 on computed radiography chest images.J Digit Imaging. 2002; 15: 78-83
American-College-of-Radiology. ACR technical standard for electronic practice of medical imaging. Iowa, USA: The American College of Radiology; 2007. https://www.acr.org/-/media/ACR/Files/Practice-Parameters/elec-practice-medimag.pdf.
- Improvement of cancer detection on mammograms via BREAST test sets.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26: e341-e3e7
Brennan PC, Trieu PD, Tapia K, Ryan J, Mello-Thoms C, Lee W. BREAST: a novel strategy to improve the detection of breast cancer. In: Hiroshi Fujita TH, Chisako Muramatsu, eds. Lecture Notes in Computer Science - The 12th International Workshop on Breast Imaging. 8539: Gifu, Japan: Springer, 2014; 438-43.
- Radiologist self-training: a study of cancer detection when reading mammograms at work clinics or workshops.J Cancer Educ. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-022-02156-w
- A clinical comparison between conventional and digital mammography utilizing computed radiography.Br J Radiol. 1994; 67: 464-468
- Screen-film mammography versus full-field digital mammography with soft-copy reading: randomized trial in a population-based screening program–the Oslo II Study.Radiology. 2004; 232: 197-204
- A perceptual evaluation of JPEG 2000 image compression for digital mammography: contrast-detail characteristics.J Digit Imaging. 2004; 17: 64-70
- Comparative evaluation of JPEG and JPEG2000 compression in quantitative digital subtraction radiography.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2002; 31: 379-384
- Increasing the number of gray shades in medical display systems–how much is enough?.J Digit Imaging. 2007; 20: 422-432