Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:US (Ultrasound), POCUS (Point of care ultrasound), ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education), PGY (Postgraduate year), TRV (Transverse), SAG (Sagittal)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Radiology
- Is there a future for real-time ultrasound scanning by radiologists?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2005; 2: 110-113https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2004.07.022
- From imaging to reimbursement: what the pediatric radiologist needs to know about health care payers, documentation, coding and billing.Pediatr Radiol. 2018; 48: 904-914https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-018-4104-1
- Taking resident feedback seriously: a hands-on ultrasound course.Acad Radiol. 2016; 23: 1610-1613https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2016.08.020
- Reclaiming hands-on ultrasound for radiology with a simulation-based ultrasound curriculum for radiology residents.Ultrasound Q. 2020; 36: 268-274https://doi.org/10.1097/RUQ.0000000000000494
- Performing a basic US examination: road map for radiology residents.Radiographics. 2019; 39: 1075-1076https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.2019190008
- Point-of-care ultrasound needs assessment, curriculum design, and curriculum assessment in a large academic internal medicine residency program.South Med J. 2018; 111: 444-448https://doi.org/10.14423/SMJ.0000000000000831
- The status of ultrasonography training and use in general surgery residency programs.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 202: 453-458https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2005.10.023
- Obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound curriculum and competency assessment in residency training programs: consensus report.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 29-67https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2017.10.016
- Emergency medicine resident assessment of the emergency ultrasound milestones and current training recommendations.Acad Emerg Med. 2017; 24: 353-361https://doi.org/10.1111/acem.13113
- Ultrasound training in radiology residency programs: a national survey.J Ultrasound Med. 2021; 40: 731-740https://doi.org/10.1002/jum.15443
- ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in diagnostic radiology.Radiology Program Requirements. 2021https://www.acgme.org/Specialties/Program-Requirements-and-FAQs-and-Applications/pfcatid/23/Radiology/(Accessed 2 Dec 2021)
- How and how well do pediatric radiology fellows learn ultrasound skills? A national survey.Pediatr Radiol. 2014; 44: 1058-1064https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-014-2980-6
- Abdominal ultrasound examinationtraining using an ultrasound phantom and volume navigation system.J Med Ultrason. 2016; 43: 381-386https://doi.org/10.1007/s10396-016-0706-0
- Ultrasound integration in undergraduate medical education: comparison of ultrasound proficiency between trained and untrained medical students.J Ultrasound Med. 2015; 34: 1819-1824https://doi.org/10.7863/ultra.14.12045
- Abdominal ultrasound and medical education.Rev Clin Esp (Barc). 2014; 214: 131-136https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rce.2013.09.006
- Ultrasound tutorials in under 10 minutes: experience and results.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2016; 207: 653-660https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.16.16402
RSNA Education :: Catalog. https://education-rsna-org.proxy.library.upenn.edu/diweb/catalog/t/10801. Accessed 22 Mar 2022
Ultrasonography training, ultrasound simulator, ultrasound education | SonoSim. https://sonosim.com/about-sonosim/. Accessed 22 Mar 2022
- What it means “to teach” as a radiologist in the modern era: a personal perspective.Pediatr Radiol. 2018; 48: 1381-1387https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-018-4201-1
- Self-directed learning in medical education: training for a lifetime of discovery.Teach Learn Med. 2021; 34: 1-11https://doi.org/10.1080/10401334.2021.1938074
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
The author(s) declare(s) that they had full access to all the data in this study and the author(s) take(s) complete responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
Source(s) of support: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.