Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Radiology
- How many adults and youth identify as transgender in the United States?.Williams Institute, 2022 (Los Angeles, CA. Available at:)Accessed June 18, 2022)
- Transgender population size in the United States: a meta-regression of population-based probability samples.Am J Public Health. 2017; 107: e1-e8
James S, Herman J, Rankin S, Keisling M, Mottet L, Anafi MA. The report of the 2015 US transgender survey.
National LGBT Health Education Center. Available at: https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Glossary-2022.02.22-1.pdf. Accessed Jun 18, 2022.
- Injustice at Every Turn: A Report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey.National Center for Transgender Equality and National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Washington, DC2011
- A call for LGBTQ content in graduate medical education program requirements.Acad Med. 2021; 96: 828-835
- The Health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People: Building a Foundation for Better Understanding.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
- Comparison of health and health risk factors between lesbian, gay, and bisexual adults and heterosexual adults in the United States: Results from the National Health Interview Survey.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1344-1351
- Differences in healthcare access, use, and experiences within a community sample of racially diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning emerging adults.LGBT Health. 2016; 3: 434-442
- Transgender people: health at the margins of society.Lancet. 2016; 388: 390-400
- Serving the needs of transgender and gender-diverse persons in radiology.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16: 533-535
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Common Program Requirements (residency). Available at: https://www.acgme.org/globalassets/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/CPRResidency2021.pdf. Accessed June 18, 2022.
- Thomas PA Kern DE Hughes MT Tackett SA Chen BY Curriculum Development For Medical Education: A Six-Step Approach. JHU press, 2022 (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Transgender medicine curriculum: integration into an organ system–based preclinical program.MedEdPORTAL. 2017; 13: 10536
- An undergraduate medical curriculum framework for providing care to transgender and gender diverse patients: A modified Delphi study.Perspect Med Educ. 2022; 11: 36-44
- Transgender health care curriculum development: a dual-site medical school campus pilot.Health Equity. 2020; 4: 102-113
- Transgender health care: improving medical students’ and residents’ training and awareness.Adv Med Educ Pract. 2018; 9: 377
- Transgender health in medical education.Bull World Health Organ. 2021; 99: 296
- Transgender health content in medical education: a theory-guided systematic review of current training practices and implementation barriers & facilitators.Adv Health Sci Educ. 2022; 27: 817-846