Rationale and Objectives
Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:ACGME (Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education), DR (diagnostic radiology), ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates), GME (Graduate Medical Education), IR (interventional radiology), NRMP (National Residency Match Program), PD (program director), RSNA (Radiology Society of North America), URiM (under-represented in medicine), USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services), US DO (United States Doctor of osteopathy graduate), USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination), US MD (United States medical school graduate)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Radiology
Program NRM. Charting outcomes in the match: international medical graduates characteristics of international medical graduates who matched to their preferred specialty in the 2022 main residency match: NRMP; 4th. Accessed Jan 8, 2023. Available at: 〈https://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Charting-Outcomes-IMG-2022_Final.pdf〉.
- The importance of international medical graduates in the United States.American College of Physicians, 2017: 840-841
- The radiologist’s conundrum: benefits and costs of increasing CT capacity and utilization.Eur Radiol. 2009; 19: 9-11
- International medical graduates in the US physician workforce and graduate medical education: current and historical trends.J Grad Med Educ. 2018; 10: 214-218
Association AM. AMA Physician Masterfile: AAMC. Accessed Sep 10, 2022. Available at: 〈https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/workforce/interactive-data/active-physicians-international-medical-graduates-imgs-specialty-2021〉.
DL L. National Resident Matching Program, Results and Data: 2022 Main Residency Match® The Match: National Resident Matching Program, 2022. Accessed Jan 8, 2023. Available at: 〈https://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/2022-Main-Match-Results-and-Data_Final.pdf〉.
- Diversity in radiology: the right thing to do, the smart thing to do.Pediatr Radiol. 2022; 52: 1711-1718
- Prevalence of international medical graduates from muslim-majority nations in the US physician workforce from 2009 to 2019.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e209418
- The contribution of international medical graduates to diversity in the US physician workforce: graduate medical education.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2008; 19: 493-499
- Advancing diversity: the role of international medical graduates.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 6 (PMID: 34774151; PMCID: PMC8813365): 980-981https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-1253(21)00376-9
- International medical graduates in radiation oncology: historical trends and comparison with other medical specialties.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016; 95: 1102-1106
- Trends in demographics of neurology house staff in the United States.Cureus. 2021; 13 (Sep 6, PMID: 34659967; PMCID: PMC8493763): e17754https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.17754
- Supply, distribution and characteristics of international medical graduates in family medicine in the United States: a cross-sectional study.BMC Fam Pract. 2019; 20: 1-8
- Diversity in dermatology: international medical graduates and their role in the diversity of a specialty.Clin Dermatol. 2022; 40: 549-553
- International medical graduate training in urology: are we missing an opportunity?.Urology. 2016; 95: 39-46
- The implications of the current visa system for foreign medical graduates during and after graduate medical education training.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 1337-1341
- Internal medicine program directors' perceptions of the “all in” match rule: a cross-sectional survey.J Grad Med Educ. 2017; 9: 173-177
- Retention of J-1 visa waiver program physicians in Washington State's health professional shortage areas.Acad Med. 2010; 85: 614-621
- Health departments’ use of international medical graduates in physician shortage areas.Health Aff. 2003; 22: 241-249
- H-1B visa sponsorship and physician trainee retention: a single institution experience.J Grad Med Educ. 2020; 12: 217-220
- US immigration paths for scientific researchers: part 3.MRS Bull. 2020; 45: 598-599
Administration EaT. Permanent Labor Certification. In: LABOR USDO, ed. An official website of the United States government, 2022.
Services USCaI. USCIS Updates Guidance on National Interest Waivers 2022. Accessed Jan 15, 2023. Available at: 〈https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-updates-guidance-on-national-interest-waivers#:~:text=Individuals%20seeking%20a%20national%20interest,and%20thus%20the%20labor%20certification〉.
- Perceived biases and prejudices experienced by international medical graduates in the US post-graduate medical education system.Med Educ Online. 2006; 11 (PMID: 28253800): 4595https://doi.org/10.3402/meo.v11i.4595
- Perceptions of bias in the selection of international medical graduate residency applicants in Canada.Can Med Educ J. 2023; https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.73320
- The USMLE step 1 pass/fail reporting proposal: the APDR position.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26: 1400-1402
- The USMLE step 1 pass/fail reporting proposal: another view.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26: 1403-1406
- Medical migration and the physician workforce: international medical graduates and American medicine.JAMA. 1995; 273: 1521-1527
- A 15-year analysis of international medical graduates matching into diagnostic radiology residency programs in the United States.Acad Radiol. 2022; 29: 137-143
- Trends in neuroradiology fellowship match in the United States: analysis of the 13-year National Resident Matching Program Data.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2021; 50: 831-834
- Malpractice in radiology: what should you worry about?.Radiol Res Pract. 2013; 2013: 1-10
- Prevalence and characteristics of physicians prone to malpractice claims.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 354-362
- Increasing opportunities for trainees to engage in global health radiology: radiology in training.Radiol Soc N Am. 2021; 300: E320-E322https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2021210371
- Radiology resident selection factors predict resident performance.Clin Imaging. 2021; 80: 225-228
- Minimizing barriers in learning for on-call radiology residents—end-to-end web-based resident feedback system.J Digit Imaging. 2018; 31: 117-123
- The American Board of Radiology's alternate pathway for diagnostic radiology: what the programs and the applicants need to know.Acad Radiol. 2022; 29: 465-468
(ACP) ACoP. The role of international medical graduates in the US physician workforce 2008. Accessed Jan 15, 2023. Available at: 〈https://www.acponline.org/acp_policy/policies/role_international_medical_graduates_2008.pdf〉.
- Response rates and nonresponse errors in surveys.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1805-1806
- Screening for HIV-associated tuberculosis and rifampicin resistance before antiretroviral therapy using the xpert MTB/rif assay: a prospective study.PLoS Med. 2011; 8https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001067
- Reporting guidelines for survey research: an analysis of published guidance and reporting practices.PLoS Med. 2011; 8https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001069
SACM. Graduate Medical Education 2020. Accessed Feb 15, 2023. Available at: 〈https://sacm.org/sites/default/files/documents/PDF/SACM-Graduat%20%20Medical%20Education.pdf〉.